Romans 12:2 , but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
There are many distractions in life. The enemy will try to use these distractions to keep us from having fellowship with the Lord and from hearing His direction for our lives. What are some of the distractions you face? Below is a list of some we might face.
1. Overwhelming Bills
2. Relationships with others
3. Favorite Television shows
4. Working all day
5. Worrying about life issues
6. Recreational activities
7. Family issues
Life is filled with decisions and we are commissioned to hear from the Father and know what Perfect will is for each day. The enemy knows time is limited for the human race. Distractions are his tool for hindering the work of the Lord. You and I have to fight the enemy and his tactics in order to follow God's perfect will for our lives. Below is how we can fight against distractions.
Fighting against Distractions:
1. Don't get caught up in the worldly workings of life.
2. Keep a renewed mind in Christ.
3. Discern each moment and stay open to the Holy Spirit's direction.
4. Have daily time set aside for the Lord.
5. Keep reading His word and memorizing his word.
6. Do away with habits which control most of your time.
7. Walk in God's peace when following his will and plan for your life.
Distractions don't have to be something that wins in your life every day. You can overcome each distraction through the power of Christ. Don't forget to simply spend time with Him each and every day.