Saturday, October 3, 2015

Our response to evil in the world.



It is not easy living in this world with all the temptations and rapid increase of sin.  The world glorifies some sins and plays down others. Nonetheless, a sin is a sin. Sin ruins and corrupts lives and we all have our own battles with it. This is why we can't judge the world in our present state.

Pastors and Christians have made it sound to the rest of the world that Christians are without sin or personal battles. This is far from the truth. I keep going back to PAUL the Apostle's personal conflict with sin. 

I have discovered this principle of life—that when I want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong. I love God’s law with all my heart. But there is another power within me that is at war with my mind. This power makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me. Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death? Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey God’s law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin.”
Romans 7:21-25 NLT

He wants to do right but fails at times to sin. Now PAUL was not saying that he sinned often. However, when he did; he could see the work or struggle of two different entities. One being PAUL and the other being sin.

Why do people do evil things in the world? What makes a person kill another? What makes a person cheat on their spouse? The answer is that WE all are slaves or servants to sin. I speak heavy on the WE. WE all come short of the glory of God. WE all are wretched people bound to the ugliness of corruption. WE can't help ourselves because our master, SIN, controls our every move.

Instead of turning to Jesus for our strength and power to overcome; Christians try to legislate morality. We fight our battles against sin through a sinful and corrupt government. We will never win. Only Jesus, who knew no sin, can help ALL OF US overcome the corrupt nature within our hearts.

As believers we are to help point the world to the right direction. We are to help lead the world to Jesus through loving and humbled ways. We speak the truth. Nothing more and nothing less.  We strive to live like Christ in every way possible and we show the world that Jesus is the only way to freedom. Our task is simple and our goals are numbered. Let's be the lighthouses we were meant to be to the world. Let's bring the lost ships home.


Post a Comment