Sunday, December 21, 2014

What if I am wrong?



Hebrews 9:
24For Christ has not entered the holy places made with hands,which are copies of the true, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us; 25not that He should offer Himself often, as the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood of another— 26He then would have had to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now, once at the end of the ages, He has appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself. 27And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, 28so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those whoeagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation. 




Jesus was and is the ultimate sacrifice for all of mankind. Under the law, the people of Israel had to bring a yearly sacrifice to have their sins wavered for another year.Jesus came to free us from the condemnation of our sins for eternity. Yes, indeed, we have the freedom from sin for eternity if we are willing to accept His sacrifice. This seems weird to many around the world. Why do we need a savior?, they ask. Why is sin so offensive to the living God? Why should a loving God send people to Hell? All of these are great humanistic questions that are only thought up in the natural. There is a spiritual part of our human make-up that we seem to forget about. Being human does not stop at the flesh but carries into the spiritual. Sin is a spiritual cancer which separates us from the sinless God. We don't have to understand it all. We don't have to try and comprehend it all, but the fact remains it is truth. Jesus came to the world to redeem us from the fall in the Garden. He came to break us free from the chains of corruption which Satan helped to create. 
Here is the true question that all non-believers should be asking. " What if I am wrong." What if I am wrong about the God thing and the eternity with him thing? Well, if I am wrong and there is no afterlife then I have loss nothing. I have lived a good life. I have served my fellow man and have given up my life to help others. I have reproduced with my wife and loved my family to the best of my ability. I have allowed the biblical moral code to guide my life which allowed me to treat others like Jesus would treat them. All in all, if I am wrong. I have loss nothing. My body goes into a shallow grave and that is it. 
What about you? What if you are wrong? If you are wrong then you have loss so much more. He have lost your chance to know the living God and have a relationship with Him. You have lived a life that was mostly consumed by the person you loved most. YOURSELF. You did not fully care about your fellow man nor did you live by the words of Christ. Your life was unholy and now, at your death, you awaken to find yourself ( your spiritual self) to be in a pit of Hell.  There is no way out. There is no turning back , and there is no warning for the friends and family you left behind. Your eternity. Your spiritual self is now in an eternal place of darkness. You can't blame God. You can't blame others. You are the blame. The truth was presented to you , and you refused to listen. You refused to follow it. It is like a murderer being told not to kill their victim but ignores the warning. Then they are brought to justice. Guess what? The expectation is that they will face justice. Jesus came so we would not have to face justice for our sin even though we deserve it. Sin is a choice. Yes, we are born into sin but it does not become a controlling factor over our lives until we are able to understand right from wrong. God built it within our human DNA to know this truth. You will be brought to justice for your actions, and I will too. Therefore, I ask the question to you again. WHAT IF YOU ARE WRONG?

Post a Comment