Saturday, April 13, 2013

A Husband's Letter to his Wife

I was reading over some of my blogs and noticed that I have not written an important blog yet. I have written a message to my sons and to my daughters but I have not written a letter to my wife. Once again, you don't have to be dying in order to right a message to your family. Why do we wonder in life waiting to say the important things to the very end. I figure if I write it here at least my family has something to refer to when I am gone. ( None of us will live forever.)

To my lovely wife, to date our marriage has been a blast. We have been through so many things and have come through them stronger than ever. What was meant for harm has become our mantle of love. We have been blessed with four beautiful children and have done our best to raise them up rightly. Marriage is not an easy task. For many the wedding day stopped on the wedding day, but who says that it has too. Waking up each day by your side is like experiencing our wedding day all over again. My palms getting sweaty, my stomach begins to turn, and my anticipation to see you walking down the aisle gets the best of me. I wanted to leave this letter for you to refer too in the days ahead. Some of the points are similar to the letters I left for our children. The basic foundation is needed for the sustaining of our Christian life.

1. ALWAYS put God first in your life.
I have been all over the world and I can honestly say. I am blessed to know the Lord and be known by Him. Life with Him has been my greatest journey and greatest discovery. If you are running after His heart; you can't go wrong. If you only knew how much the Living God loves you. It is a greater love than what I can give.Zephaniah 3:17  The LORD your God is with you. He is a hero who saves you. He happily rejoices over you, renews you with his love, and celebrates over you with shouts of joy. No matter how much mankind tries to deny His majesty. If we look around with an honest heart; we can see the power and majesty of our God. He is real my love and desires to be real inside of you. Make knowing Him your number one priority even when I am gone! Although I have not always been the greatest of husbands; I have tried to be like Jesus is to the church. You are my bride and will always be my lovely bride. Nothing can separate this truth from us.

2. Never forget where you have come from.
Don't let our children forget where they have come from. Don't let them forget about the legacy you and I leave behind for them. Remind them of their callings. Remind them of God's passionate love for them. Remind them of my love for them. They are important to me and I believe in each and everyone of them. I believe in you.  You are strong because Christ is within you.
3.Be grounded in HIS WORD
God's word has been the greatest comfort to me throughout the years. It has been proven time and time again to be a reliable book. God has expressed Himself within this great book. He has given us a written road map to follow. Read His word. Live His word. Take His word to be true and you will never stray or go wrong.  Hide His word within your heart. Psalm 33:4  The word of the LORD is correct, and everything he does is trustworthy.
4. Embrace Holy Spirit
Holy Spirit desires to be your best friend. He will guide you, convict you , lead you, give you discernment, bring you to the throne room of God, comfort you in times of trouble, and much more. Be filled with Holy Spirit and you will have the power to overcome all temptations. John 14:26  However, the helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything. He will remind you of everything that I have ever told you.
5. Run after wisdom
Godly wisdom comes from His word and from those who are actively seeking Him. Always seek wisdom for your life and for the our children, grand-children, and great grand-children. Proverbs 1:1-9  The proverbs of Solomon, David's son who was king of Israel, given  (2)  to grasp wisdom and discipline, to understand deep thoughts,  (3)  to acquire the discipline of wise behavior- righteousness and justice and fairness-  (4)  to give insight to gullible people, to give knowledge and foresight to the young-  (5)  a wise person will listen and continue to learn, and an understanding person will gain direction-  (6)  to understand a proverb and a clever saying, the words of wise people and their riddles.  (7)  The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Stubborn fools despise wisdom and discipline.  (8)  My son, listen to your father's discipline, and do not neglect your mother's teachings,  (9)  because discipline and teachings are a graceful garland on your head and a golden chain around your neck.

6. Surround yourself with Friends and like hearted people.
Allow people in your life who have already been there and done that. Allow friends to be in your life who are followers of Christ and who truly care for you. People who are not afraid to tell you like it is. Trust again and allow the right kind of people in your life. Don't let the loss of past things stop you from loving and trusting again. Proverbs 19:20  Hear counsel, and receive instruction, that thou mayest be wise in thy latter end. 
7. Serve others and not your own self interests
Life is not about serving ourselves or being selfish. It is about serving others. Help out with charities. Be faithful in your church. Be a leader who leads others to the right path. Tell others about Jesus and share your faith with them. A coward hides his heart but it takes courage to share the truth that is within Him. John 13:34-35  "I'm giving you a new commandment: Love each other in the same way that I have loved you.  (35)  Everyone will know that you are my disciples because of your love for each other."
Please remind our children that I am and was a man that always cared about the other person. I cared to share the Love of Christ regardless of what it meant for my personal time or sacrifice. 
8. Never forget the power of God's love and our love for each other. 
His love keeps us stronger and united together. Without understanding His love; we could never understand the love we have for each other.
1 Corinthians 13:1-8  I may speak in the languages of humans and of angels. But if I don't have love, I am a loud gong or a clashing cymbal.  (2)  I may have the gift to speak what God has revealed, and I may understand all mysteries and have all knowledge. I may even have enough faith to move mountains. But if I don't have love, I am nothing.  (3)  I may even give away all that I have and give up my body to be burned. But if I don't have love, none of these things will help me.  (4)  Love is patient. Love is kind. Love isn't jealous. It doesn't sing its own praises. It isn't arrogant.  (5)  It isn't rude. It doesn't think about itself. It isn't irritable. It doesn't keep track of wrongs.  (6)  It isn't happy when injustice is done, but it is happy with the truth.  (7)  Love never stops being patient, never stops believing, never stops hoping, never gives up.  (8)  Love never comes to an end. There is the gift of speaking what God has revealed, but it will no longer be used. There is the gift of speaking in other languages, but it will stop by itself. There is the gift of knowledge, but it will no longer be used.

Never forget my undying love for you. I am so blessed to be in love with a woman like you. Keep strong in the Lord and follow His will. I love you deeply.


Post a Comment