Tuesday, December 25, 2012

In the Silence

Zechariah 2:8-13  This is what the LORD of Armies says: Afterwards, the Glory sent me to the nations who looted you. Whoever touches you touches the apple of his eye.  (9)  I'm going to shake my fist at the nations, and their own slaves will loot them. Then you will know that the LORD of Armies has sent me.  (10)  Sing for joy and rejoice, people of Zion. I'm going to come and live among you, declares the LORD.  (11)  On that day many nations will join the LORD and become my people. I will live among you. Then you will know that the LORD of Armies has sent me to you.  (12)  The LORD will claim Judah as his own in the holy land and will again choose Jerusalem.  (13)  "Everyone be silent in the presence of the LORD. He is waking up and setting out from his holy dwelling place."

I was in a foreign country. We were worshiping with fellow believers on a brisk, beautiful Sunday Morning. The breeze from the Indian Ocean would fight its way through the windows of this upper room. The Saints of God where worshiping with familiar songs and giving the Lord all they had. The worship team was right on and there was not a missed beat. I stood up at the front of the room. I often would turn myself at a 90 degree angle so I could see the whole congregation. I learned along time ago how to gauge the hearts by simply starring and listening to Holy Spirit.

Everyone seemed to be enjoying the worship time, but a nagging feeling would not leave me alone. My spirit kept groaning within. No one was doing anything wrong. No one was off in their own little world. Everyone was worshiping and calling on His name. However, Holy Spirit was telling me that something was wrong. He kept leading me to interrupt the worship service. He lead me to the verses above ,and I was shocked at what He wanted.

I was obedient and walked to the center of the room. I was nervous and a little afraid. I was the guest speaker to this church in the upper room. The guest speaker to a church which had John G. Lake in its history. This was one of His churches planted many years ago. What were they going to think of me? Sometimes being obedient to the Lord means not being the popular person. I had traveled thousands of miles to speak and encourage the people of God. This country was my Macedonian call. I was praying for them five years before I ever stepped one foot on their soil. Was I going to lose it all by comments? Yet, I had to be obedient. I could not shake the unshakeable.

I stood in the center of the room trembling before the Lord. I spoke up and said roughly the following, " The Holy Spirit says shut up. He says be quite in Him. He has heard your worship but He wants to teach you something new. He desires to show you something great in the Lord. " I read the scripture above and everyone became quite. I stood there in the center of the room crying out to the Lord with my eyes closed tight. All of the sudden; I heard the scuffling of benches being pushed back. I heard a unison of what appeared to be like a movement of some kind. I slowly opened my eyes and was amazed. Everyone in the congregation( all 200 of them) where on their knees crying out to the Lord. Holy Spirit had come liked He promised. There was a united weeping like I never heard before or since. I fell to my knees, and we worshiped in the silence for what seemed like hours. Everyone was changed that day and the rest of my stay was miraculous.

Sometimes we get taught up in the noise of worshiping. We have our instruments and voices making joyful praise, but there is something to be said in silence. In the Silence of the Lord, we are called to come. In the silence, we are asked to wait on our Lord. We are asked to wait on His glory and with humility bow before His greatness. In heaven, when there is silence. The Lord is stepping up from His throne, His train is filling the temple, and His majesty is shining throughout His Planet. There are times when Holy Spirit is saying, " Be silent in the Lord." because something great is happening. Maybe beyond our own understanding. Will we be obedient? Will we follow Holy Spirit's unction?

Right now, I worship Him and declare my undying love to His greatness. How about you?
Post a Comment