All of these are great questions. One could possibly not argue them effectively. However, what about these Questions?
- Why do people believe in God when bad things happen? Then blame Him for the bad things.
- Why do people get angry when they feel like God is pushed on them but want God to intervene when disasters happen?
- Why is it that people don't want to follow Christ and His ways but they want Him to intervene when evil befalls so many?
- Why is nothing said about people who spend thousands of dollars on a stay at a luxury hotel while the rest of the world is in turmoil.?
- Why is it that all those people who blame God for bad things never lift one finger to help those who are in need? They never give any finances to support charities or surrender personal time to help a charity? If they do help, it is very little and the time given is a few hours at most.
- Why do we blame God and not the Evil men and women who hurt people? Many countries in Africa are suffering famine, genocide, and other tragedies not because of the wrath of God. They suffer by the evil desires from men who are demonically possessed.
Some want God to be a dictator when it comes to horrendous crimes but a distant being when it comes to their personal lives. It is funny how many of these people called Christ's followers hypocrites but live in hypocrisy themselves. God is not a dictator. He is not going to force us to love Him and follow Him. He desires a relationship with us but one that is not a one way street. Yes, the creator of the known and unknown universe CHOOSES to let us CHOOSE Him or not. Now like any choice in the world. There are always consequences to our choices. Life with Christ means life eternal and life with hope. Life without Christ means life eternally separated from Him and his love. It means spending eternity hopeless and lifeless.
God is in the midst of our suffering. He has not forgotten us. He has not caused the pain but He can brings us through it.
You hear, O LORD, the desire of the afflicted; you encourage them, and you listen to their cry. (Psalm 10:17)
Psalms 118:5-6 I called upon the LORD in distress: the LORD answered me, and set me in a large place. (6) The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?
I will be glad and rejoice in your love, for you saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul. (Psalm 31:7)
For he has not despised or disdained the suffering of the afflicted one; he has not hidden his face from him but has listened to his cry for help. (Psalm 22:24)
Throughout all the tragedies mentioned above, the living God was and is there for all the hurting. He gives them all the same choice. They can choose to call upon His name for comfort or not. The real enemy and cause for the evil in this world belongs to the prince and power of the air. His name is Satan. He is a deceiver and deceiving many he is.
Ephesians 2:1-6 You were once dead because of your failures and sins. (2) You followed the ways of this present world and its spiritual ruler. This ruler continues to work in people who refuse to obey God. (3) All of us once lived among these people, and followed the desires of our corrupt nature. We did what our corrupt desires and thoughts wanted us to do. So, because of our nature, we deserved God's anger just like everyone else. (4) But God is rich in mercy because of his great love for us. (5) We were dead because of our failures, but he made us alive together with Christ. (It is God's kindness that saved you.) (6) God has brought us back to life together with Christ Jesus and has given us a position in heaven with him.
Sin and Satan cause more havoc in the world than any other natural disaster over the course of ten years. Why don't people blame the right person? Why don't people curse the devil when tragedies happens? Maybe they are not wanting to insult their master? Who knows. I am here to tell you that God cares. He cares for all those victims left in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. He cares for all those hurting and are in abusive relationships. He desires for each person to call upon His name with a sincere heart. He is waiting for the invitation or for the door to be opened. All you have to do is receive and know his infinite wisdom. He weeps with you all. Just trust in His holy Name.