Saturday, August 11, 2012

Deeper Dive

Philippians 3:7-10  These things that I once considered valuable, I now consider worthless for Christ.  (8)  It's far more than that! I consider everything else worthless because I'm much better off knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. It's because of him that I think of everything as worthless. I threw it all away in order to gain Christ  (9)  and to have a relationship with him. This means that I didn't receive God's approval by obeying his laws. The opposite is true! I have God's approval through faith in Christ. This is the approval that comes from God and is based on faith  (10)  that knows Christ. Faith knows the power that his coming back to life gives and what it means to share his suffering. In this way I'm becoming like him in his death,

A few months ago, I was able to participate in a leadership training course through my job. It was part of the program that I was chosen to be in. They called the Class Deep Dive , and we were to discuss the meanings behind our Birkman Leadership assessment. It was very detailed and left the participates with a greater knowledge of what makes them tick as leaders.

Apostle Paul was giving a detailed look of what makes him tick as a believer. He was encouraging the followers to go deeper into the life with Christ. Paul revealed his personal revelations in his person walk with Christ.

What was valued before no longer sparkled. When one stands in the presence of the Lord; nothing else seems to matter. All the appendages of life seem to fall off and the true priceless trinket is revealed.Once the treasure of all treasures is discovered everything else seems worthless in comparison. Paul's greatest accomplishment in life was not his 4 missionary journeys or his countless encounters with believers; it was finding approval from God through his faith in Jesus Christ.

Going deeper in God means allowing the things of this present world to disappear from your mind of importance and truly connecting with the one true God.Nothing else matters. Nothing else is more priceless. Our relationship with the Lord is priceless and out of that relationship flows rivers of life for others to drink from. When we dive deeper in the Lord; we discover the baggage which needs to leave. There is nothing more liberating than going deeper into the presence of the Lord.

Post a Comment