I can't help but wonder what is driving us to do this thing? What is compelling us to reach out of our comfort zones and fly to another country? I have to believe there is something or someone rather who is leading us to achieve the impossible. The impossible being within us;people allowing the Lord to do a work in their individual lives.
Amy Carmichael , missionary to India, had this to say about missions " Humdrum we have called the work, and humdrum it is. There is nothing romantic about potters except in poetry, nor is there much romance about missions except on platforms and in books. Yet " though it's dull at whiles," there is joy in the doing it, there is joy in just obeying. He said " Go, tell," and we have come and are telling, and we meet Him as we " go and tell."
We are not going to just bring the Love of Christ to this wonderful nation. We are going to allow the Love of Christ to be revealed inside and out of us.
Jesus gave us the command to go but go with a purpose.
Matthew 28:18-20 When Jesus came near, he spoke to them. He said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. (19) So wherever you go, make disciples of all nations: Baptize them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. (20) Teach them to do everything I have commanded you. "And remember that I am always with you until the end of time."
- We are called to GO with Authority. (We literally have the backing from the Living God and heaven on our side.) The Authority is through Jesus and we are over comers with Him.
- We are called to GO and make Disciples. Can't make disciples if you are not one first.
- We are to GO and Baptize them ( Baptize them in water and see them baptized in Holy Spirit.)
- We are to GO and teach them to be like Jesus. Got to be like Jesus first before you can teach it.
- When We GO we are told that Jesus is with us ALWAYS.