The Valley of Dry Bones1 The hand of the LORD was on me, and he brought me out by the Spirit of the LORD and set me in the middle of a valley; it was full of bones. 2 He led me back and forth among them, and I saw a great many bones on the floor of the valley, bones that were very dry. 3 He asked me, “Son of man, can these bones live?” I said, “Sovereign LORD, you alone know.”
4 Then he said to me, “Prophesy to these bones and say to them, ‘Dry bones, hear the word of the LORD! 5 This is what the Sovereign LORD says to these bones: I will make breath[a] enter you, and you will come to life. 6 I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put breath in you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the LORD.’”
7 So I prophesied as I was commanded. And as I was prophesying, there was a noise, a rattling sound, and the bones came together, bone to bone. 8 I looked, and tendons and flesh appeared on them and skin covered them, but there was no breath in them.
9 Then he said to me, “Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to it, ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Come, breath, from the four winds and breathe into these slain, that they may live.’” 10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet—a vast army.
11 Then he said to me: “Son of man, these bones are the people of Israel. They say, ‘Our bones are dried up and our hope is gone; we are cut off.’ 12 Therefore prophesy and say to them: ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: My people, I am going to open your graves and bring you up from them; I will bring you back to the land of Israel. 13 Then you, my people, will know that I am the LORD, when I open your graves and bring you up from them. 14 I will put my Spirit in you and you will live, and I will settle you in your own land. Then you will know that I the LORD have spoken, and I have done it, declares the LORD.’
What a powerful prophesy given to Ezekiel!!! Little did he know that the fulfillment of this prophecy would not come to pass until thousands of years later. The Living God was teaching Ezekiel something remarkable. This was a creative power which was residing within him. He was commanded to speak to the dry bones like God did during creation of all life. Once he did, the whole valley began to shake like a massive earthquake. Bone after Bone connected to each other in right sequence. Tendons began to wrap around each bone and muscles appeared. The skin grew quickly around the exposed flesh. Thousands of lifeless bodies laid there in the dirt of the valley. Ezekiel had been caught up my the Lord's Spirit to see this miraculous event, and it would be by this same Spirit life would fill these empty bodies again. Ezekiel prophesied to the breath, and it filled the lifeless bodies. What was once a valley of dead bones was now a valley of life filled people. What analogy could be used to speak to us?
Prophetic message to us from Ezekiel 37
- Today much of the body of Christ around the world are like the sun dried bones lying in the valley. The power which once flowed out of many only now flows through the few. Many are like dead soldiers who were slaughtered by the enemy. The Spirit of God patiently waits to usher us away to a place of vision and power, but many are still in the shadows of yesterday's anointing. What He has done in other places throughout time will not be the same in the place where we live,
- God asked Ezekiel if the bones could live or come to life. God is asking us a question. Do we believe that the Church can come to a place of greater life? Our response should be the same as Ezekiel's. "Lord if you say so then it is possible."
- There is a prophetic voice which needs to be released within the church all across the world. It is backed by God's creative power. We have forgotten the power of the spoken WORD. We are called to speak to the bones as the Lord commands and stand back to see the power of God work. If we want revival or a move of God; we have to put our faith where our mouth is. Speak to the situation. Prophesy to the dry bones or the dead inside of us. Declare the Word of the Lord and stand back to see what happens next. Prophesy the specifics. We don't see great results in the Church because we are not praying or prophesying the specifics. Ezekiel prophesied word from word what God had spoken. There is life in the word of the Lord!
- Breathe! Breathe! Breathe! dead things in me. Breathe! lifeless bodies and come to know the power of your God! Sometimes we have to get angry. Sometimes we have to say enough is enough. Sometimes we have to fight for the things of God and declare his glory within.
- When we speak what God says to speak there will be results. In order for life to appear, there has to be a tremor or a shaking in the spiritual and the natural. The valley shook and the bodies were formed around the bones. We need to allow our life to form around Holy Spirit.
- The Holy Spirit is the power which desires to come and fill His people again. Something new. Something fresh. He comes to bring life to the dry bones within us and reveal our deepest secrets. Our hearts must be revealed before the Lord in order to be fully set free.Fill us Lord with Holy Spirit so we can overcome every temptation and every sin!
It starts with just one person. " You" Allowing God to change you from the inside out.
Gypsy Smith was once asked how to start a revival.
He answered: “Go home, lock yourself in your room, kneel down in the middle of your floor. Draw a chalk mark all around yourself and ask God to start the revival inside that chalk mark. When He has answered your prayer, the revival will be on.”
Can we see the Valley of Dry Bones in our life time? Can we see a move of God again that will shake the nations? It is happening even now as we speak. There are pocket revivals and moves of God all over the planet. We need to be one of those pockets but not be foolish about it. Many Christians run after the next big thing to only get hurt in the end. There are counterfeit revivals out there as well. We need a genuine move of God. Ezekiel did not have to question what he saw that day. It was a real move of God, and he felt it. So what is the answer?
Bringing the Dry Bones to life:
- Take some chalk and draw a circle around yourself. Don't leave until the man or woman in the circle has been changed by the power of God.
- Repentance brings revival. Open repentance where people are shouting out to God their deepest sins and lustful desires. I speak this to myself first. We need a deep cleansing from the Lord. I am talking about one of those facials that go to the pours. It is hard to distinguish what is right and what is wrong in our lifetime. Many have distorted His word, but it is time to get back to the WORD OF GOD.
- Follow the Word of God. The Word of God is Rhema. It is our compass for life. God's word is clear about what is sin and what is destroying His people from within. He was clear in the garden to Adam and Eve, and He is clear to us today. We must run passionately towards His word again.
- Allow Holy Spirit to move without human intervention. This is a hard one. I have seen some pretty interesting moves of God in my time. They all started off great but then ended up with human control. We are fickle as people. We want to box up, market, and distribute everything for a price. Maybe our revivals in America take this shape because we live in a Capitalists society. Nonetheless, it happens over and over again. Allowing Holy Spirit to move means we must first die to ourselves. Letting go any desire or empathic passions to help God's move along. In other words, we need to just let it happen. Holy Spirit is better at running things than I could ever be. The reason why we have revivals or moves of God in the history books is because humans have always intervene. Why can't we have a Dry Bones Valley experience with God all the way up to His return? We can. The only way is for us to die and Holy Spirit to live!!!!
- Speak out and Prophesy: Prophesy is the catalyst for things to come. We need to declare the word of the Lord. We need to speak what HE IS SAYING without the spin and our own interpretation. If you fully don't understand what the prophetic means at the time it is spoken then wait until you do. Don't try to interpret His word with Holy Spirit's direction. I use to have a guy in my church. When he receive a personal prophesy from me or someone else. He would only hear bits and pieces. Then he would interpret the way he wanted it to come out. We can't do that loved ones. That is a sign of a baby Christian who does not want to grow up. We need to desperately grow up. Ezekiel only spoke what God told him to speak. Nothing more and nothing less. Oh that we may be so obedient!
- Be prepared to fight: If tares can grow up beside the wheat, you better believe that the enemy will always have a counter measure to the move of God. Sometimes he finds those within the movement to cause it to come crashing down. Azusa street was finished in three years because a scorned secretary ran off with the mailing list. We have to fight for the move of God. We have to guard what is precious and not cast the pearls before the swine. We can't forget the power of God which resides within us. We have the power to overcome any wicked device the enemy tries to throw at us.