Saturday, April 28, 2012

Chase me little Duckie

Growing up we lived in several different places. One such place was Sandy Springs, GA. We lived in a rented house which had a barn in the back yard and a big open field to the side. My dad planted a garden ( we were the rock removers), and we had the world's smallest farm. We had chickens,a sheep dog,cats, and of course two ducks. ( Daisy and Donald)( I know we were not too original.) We would chase those ducks around and just cause havoc. We were little kids and full of adventure. Ok not full of adventure maybe full mischief is the better wording. Donald ( our male duck of course) would sometimes chase us while riding our bikes. He would waddle , as fast as he could, next to the pedaling bike. All the while snapping at our feet. It is forever edged in my mind. One day, without any provoking, I got on my bike and rode. Donald comes flying , low to the grown, right next to me. He decided to chase me. He would do this quit often when we were out and about riding our bikes or feeding the chickens.  Maybe that was the  reason. He knew we were the ones who would give him and Daisy food. He knew where his source of life came from. We would take a hose and fill up his kiddie pool and sometimes spray them both with the hose. They loved it.  It was a joy taking care of them and watching them waddle across the yard.

I wonder if we are like that for our Lord. Do we chase after Him? Are we hungry for more of His presence? Do we know, like Donald did, He is our source for sustaining  life? The Living God is our source of life. He is the one who can fulfill all our hopes and dreams. He is the one who goes at after our hearts in hopes we will run and fly after His. Today , think about your relationship with the Father. How deeper can you go in knowing Him? When is the last time you ran after His heart?

Psalms 42:1-11  For the choir director; a maskil by Korah's descendants. As a deer longs for flowing streams, so my soul longs for you, O God.  (2)  My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When may I come to see God's face?  (3)  My tears are my food day and night. People ask me all day long, "Where is your God?"  (4)  I will remember these things as I pour out my soul: how I used to walk with the crowd and lead it in a procession to God's house. I sang songs of joy and thanksgiving while crowds of people celebrated a festival.  (5)  Why are you discouraged, my soul? Why are you so restless? Put your hope in God, because I will still praise him. He is my savior and my God.  (6)  My soul is discouraged. That is why I will remember you in the land of Jordan, on the peaks of Hermon, on Mount Mizar.  (7)  One deep sea calls to another at the roar of your waterspouts. All the whitecaps on your waves have swept over me.  (8)  The LORD commands his mercy during the day, and at night his song is with me- a prayer to the God of my life.  (9)  I will ask God, my rock, "Why have you forgotten me? Why must I walk around in mourning while the enemy oppresses me?"  (10)  With a shattering blow to my bones, my enemies taunt me. They ask me all day long, "Where is your God?"  (11)  Why are you discouraged, my soul? Why are you so restless? Put your hope in God, because I will still praise him. He is my savior and my God.



Post a Comment