Monday, March 5, 2012

Eat the Flesh and Drink the blood

John 6:54-66  Those who eat my flesh and drink my blood have eternal life, and I will bring them back to life on the last day.  (55)  My flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink.  (56)  Those who eat my flesh and drink my blood live in me, and I live in them.  (57)  The Father who has life sent me, and I live because of the Father. So those who feed on me will live because of me.  (58)  This is the bread that came from heaven. It is not like the bread your ancestors ate. They eventually died. Those who eat this bread will live forever."  (59)  Jesus said this while he was teaching in a synagogue in Capernaum.  (60)  When many of Jesus' disciples heard him, they said, "What he says is hard to accept. Who wants to listen to him anymore?"  (61)  Jesus was aware that his disciples were criticizing his message. So Jesus asked them, "Did what I say make you lose faith?  (62)  What if you see the Son of Man go where he was before?  (63)  Life is spiritual. Your physical existence doesn't contribute to that life. The words that I have spoken to you are spiritual. They are life.  (64)  But some of you don't believe." Jesus knew from the beginning those who wouldn't believe and the one who would betray him.  (65)  So he added, "That is why I told you that people cannot come to me unless the Father provides the way."  (66)  Jesus' speech made many of his disciples go back to the lives they had led before they followed Jesus.

Was  Jesus a vampire? LOL!!!! What was he talking about then in this passage? Why did so many leave him on this day and followed him no more?

Does this passage make you scratch your head or does it draw you closer to the Lord? For me I am drawn closer to His greatness for I see the message Jesus is portraying and I understand why he said what He did.

The Word of God is a mystery to those who really don't know him and it is a revealed secret to those who truly have his heart. Jesus spoke in parables for that purpose. Those who really wanted to know more of Him would dig in until the mystery was revealed.

Jesus brought truth from an Old Testament perspective into a New Covenant perspective. The Manna in the wilderness was temporary and the people who partook of it eventually died. The Manna in the wilderness was meant to temporary sustain the people of Israel until they entered the promised land.  The Manna of old was a foreshadow of the Manna of life which would come to man kind. The New Manna , one would only need to partake of once. The New Manna would sustain and give eternal life. Jesus declared himself as the New Manna. What a powerful statement to make in the midst of religious people. Jesus knew that many of His disciples , who were present, did not fully have  his heart. Most came to him not from a drawing of Holy Spirit but through the popularity of the movement.

We see it today. A new church starts up and it has all the buzz of doing great things. All of the sudden people are leaving their present church to go to the new more " Of the Times" church. Church growth in America is mostly by rewashed Christians not by new conversions. Most believers have a shallow faith which can only be energized by newness and the going fad. It is sad but true. Many people in the crowd that day who called themselves disciples of Christ where followers of the new thing not followers of the living Christ. Many people today are followers of the " No Conviction" gospel. Ask them to take up their cross. Ask them to deny self and follow Jesus. Tell them to eat of his flesh and drink of his blood and you will soon see who the true followers are.

trueness of your faith? If you think acting like a Christian is being a Christian? Then you are fooled by the biggest Liar mankind has ever known. ( Satan) Then you are deceived by your own self-righteousness and self-righteousness will NEVER put you on the same playing field as the Righteousness of God.

In reality, in all spirituality, I am nothing without the Lord. In all truth and understanding,  I can only connect with a spiritual being through spiritual means. I can only come when He draws me. When He zaps my spirit with His presence. I am revitalized into His goodness. I cease to exist in my present form and I am swept away in His Consciousness. I realize I am still in fleshy form but fleshy form is not in me. I understand that my humanity can stop me from shedding the shell of mushy flesh but I desire to pursue the one who is not of this existence. I know where I stand when I am with Him. I know where I am going when I am with Him. My life means knowing unless He is in the center of it all. I understand that I did not begin to live on my earthly birthday but I began to live when I gave my life to Him. I was reborn. I was changed by His glory. I was altered from one state of existence onto another plain of living.  Yes there is still pockets of my flesh which desire to rise and I succumb to there evils. Yes, I fight daily against my existence in this world and the existence in the world of truth. But one day, when I have totally surrender my inhibitions to the Lord. Can corporeal beings walk in non corporeal existence? Can we fully shed the hold of world control? I believe Jesus made it clear that we can but only through His strength and power. Only when I eat of His flesh and drink of His blood. When I am willing to kill the flesh and give live to the Spirit. Then and only then can I find myself in complete surrender to the realm of the Living God. Write me and let me know what you think.
Post a Comment