Saturday, March 3, 2012

Metamorphosis


Can you hear me Lord? The Silence seems deafening.
Can you see me Lord? My vision seems to be blurry.
Can you touch me Lord? The numbness seems to be all over.

I see you in the distance just above the hill.
I see you standing there covered in the shadows.
The wind is whistling through the flowers and the leaves.


Where did you go?
Why have you disappeared?
When can I be with you again?

Why have I left you?
Why did I walk the other direction?
I beat my chest in self-disgust.

Where did you go?
Why have you disappeared?
When can I be with you again?

I embrace the dirty road.
My lips are filled with the dust.
My knees are embedded into the gravel.

I bury my face into my muddy palms.
My tears drip down my cheeks likes little rivers.
I breathe but my heart has stop beating.

Can you hear me Lord? The Silence seems deafening.
Can you see me Lord? My vision seems to be blurry.
Can you touch me Lord? The numbness seems to be all over.

My garments are torn and ragged.
My feet are bare and bleeding.
My face is dirty and gritty.

I feel the warm of your hand on my shoulder.
You reach for me and lift me up.
You dust of my filthy garments.

My tears are wiped away with your finger.
My rags become new.
The silence is no more

I am pulled to your chest.
Your embrace makes my soul alive!
My world seems to disappear into your arms.

The  silence is replaced with the noise of freedom.
The blurry vision becomes clearer now.
The numbness is replaced by the warmth of your touch.

2Corinthians 5:17  Whoever is a believer in Christ is a new creation. The old way of living has disappeared. A new way of living has come into existence.

Post a Comment