A Father's Letter to His Sons.
My precious sons, you have been a blessing to your Father's heart. I cherish our memories together and our many discussions. It is a blessing to see you both develop your own thoughts and ideas. I am honored to have you as my sons. A man could not ask for two better sons. You both have been through a lot but continue to press forward with life. Although you are grown and living on your own propulsion; I know you both will grow into great men of God. The foundation has been laid for both of you. The promises of our king are upon you. I cherish and recite all the prophecies spoken over you by the living God. His purpose for your life is embedded deep within you. They have been placed there by the prophetic words from God's servants and from the laying on hands from your father. Watching you grow up has been one of my greatest accomplishments. I miss our times together. I miss the outdoor fun, the bug watching, pushing the toy cars around, playing Rescue Heroes, teaching you how to ride a bike, the scraps and bruises, the falling a sleep together on the couch, the dad and son discussions which disgusted you both, the family bible studies, the praying together, helping you with your karate, helping you with your singing and acting, teaching you home school, and much more. We were always together. My sons as King David left Solomon with Words of Wisdom, so I leave you with words of wisdom. As you both are growing into adulthood, it is important that you never forget your roots and the truth which was taught to you. Seek wisdom and run to the Father's heart. I do want to apologize for sometimes being too strict and too disciplinarian at times in your lives. I was a young man growing and did not have what you have now. Please hear your father's heart when I say I love you deeply and I am so proud of you both. Below is an incomplete list of wisdom given to you. As I grow in the Lord and learn more from Him. I will pass it on to you.
1. ALWAYS put God first in your life.I have been all over the world and I can honestly say. I am blessed to know the Lord and be known by Him. Life with Him has been my greatest journey and greatest discovery. If you are running after His heart; you can't go wrong. If you only knew how much the Living God loves you. It is a greater love than what I can give.Zephaniah 3:17 The LORD your God is with you. He is a hero who saves you. He happily rejoices over you, renews you with his love, and celebrates over you with shouts of joy. No matter how much mankind tries to deny His majesty. If we look around with an honest heart; we can see the power and majesty of our God. He is real my sons and desires to be real inside of you. Make knowing Him your number one priority!
2. Never forget where you have come from.Maybe you have good and bad thoughts about growing up, but you should never forget where you have come from. Don't forget about the family that cares for you. Don't forget about the teachings and the examples of life good and bad. We teach and train through success and failure. Your parents are not perfect and have demonstrated those imperfections at times but that is OK. You can learn from it all. Don't forget your family for they are the ones who will always stick by you.
3.Be grounded in HIS WORDGod's word has been the greatest comfort to me throughout the years. It has been proven time and time again to be a reliable book. God has expressed Himself within this great book. He has given us a written road map to follow. Read His word. Live His word. Take His word to be true and you will never stray or go wrong. Hide His word within your heart. Psalm 33:4 The word of the LORD is correct, and everything he does is trustworthy.
4. Embrace Holy SpiritHoly Spirit desires to be your best friend. He will guide you, convict you , lead you, give you discernment, bring you to the throne room of God, comfort you in times of trouble, and much more. Be filled with Holy Spirit and you will have the power to overcome all temptations. John 14:26 However, the helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything. He will remind you of everything that I have ever told you.
5. Run after wisdomGodly wisdom comes from His word and from those who are actively seeking Him. Always seek wisdom for your life. Proverbs 1:1-9 The proverbs of Solomon, David's son who was king of Israel, given (2) to grasp wisdom and discipline, to understand deep thoughts, (3) to acquire the discipline of wise behavior- righteousness and justice and fairness- (4) to give insight to gullible people, to give knowledge and foresight to the young- (5) a wise person will listen and continue to learn, and an understanding person will gain direction- (6) to understand a proverb and a clever saying, the words of wise people and their riddles. (7) The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Stubborn fools despise wisdom and discipline. (8) My son, listen to your father's discipline, and do not neglect your mother's teachings, (9) because discipline and teachings are a graceful garland on your head and a golden chain around your neck.
6. Surround yourself with Elders.Allow people in your life who have already been there and done that. Allow elders to be in your life who are followers of Christ and who truly care for you. People who are not afraid to tell you like it is. Don't surround yourself with "YES" men who will tell what your flesh wants to hear. It can lead you down a dark path then one day you wake up and wonder where your life has gone. Proverbs 19:20 Hear counsel, and receive instruction, that thou mayest be wise in thy latter end.
7. Treat women with respect
Women are not objects. They are human beings. Treating them with respect means protecting their bodies and emotions. You don't cross the boundaries over their bodies unless in is on your wedding night and you both have become one flesh. Who you have sex with you are connected too. If you truly care about a person; you will not take advantage of them and you will treat them with respect. A man's passions can sometimes over take him. You must be willing to resist. Men who abuse women and treat them like sex objects are not men at all but COWARDS. Men who have sex with women outside of marriage, which God created, are not men but little boys who have not grown up yet. They have no respect for women but rather seek their own lustful desires.
8. Love your wife as Christ loves the church
9. Be a father to your childrenYou are responsible for showing your children how the Living God loves us all. Your fathering should represent the fathering from the Lord. Be courageous and be a solid father to your children. Don't let anything stop you from being there for them. Support them at the games, the dance recitals, the plays, the karate matches, the teenage life and the dreams. Don't just be a good father but be a great father. Don't be afraid to dance with your daughters and wrestle with your sons. Don't be afraid to cry or show affection. It is not a weakness in being real with your kids. It is a weakness not to. Ephesians 6:4 Fathers, don't make your children bitter about life. Instead, bring them up in Christian discipline and instruction.
10. Serve others and not your own self interests
11. Give to the LordGive your finances resources to the Lord's work. Don't get caught up in debt. Stay away from credit cards. If you don't have it ; you don't buy it. Strive not to be rich for money's sake but be rich in life by resisting the world's temptations.
12. Embrace a life of friends.Surround yourself with the right kind of friends. Those who are not afraid to tell you like it is but still love. Those who are strong believers in the Lord and are willing to share His word with you. Be a friend to them and care for them.
13. Watch out for the lies of the worldKeep discernment within you. Watch out for the lies of the world. Don't allow relativism to replace your faith in His word. Follow God's word and do not distort it. Don't get caught up in worldly philosophies which will one day burn up in the fire. Colossians 2:7-8 Sink your roots in him and build on him. Be strengthened by the faith that you were taught, and overflow with thanksgiving. (8) Be careful not to let anyone rob you of this faith through a shallow and misleading philosophy. Such a person follows human traditions and the world's way of doing things rather than following Christ.
14. Leave a legacyUnderstand death will happen to us all. What legacy will you leave behind? What will be the message you send for the future generations or to your children? Live your life to the fullest in Christ and you can't go wrong. Let the Lord take you to the places he has called you too. Build a message that is place in the bottle of time for future generations to discover and read. End life with greatness. Make a difference in people's lives. Live beyond your own selfishness.
15. Work hardWe were made to be hard workers in life. Provide for you family. Do the best job you can do for your boss. Don't complain but work unto the Lord. Be a person of integrity and honesty. Show your boss the power of Christ working within you.
16. Take Responsibility
Always take responsibility for your actions and never blame others. Own up to your mistakes and learn from them.Don't blame your environment or the actions of others on the way you act or feel. Live beyond the evil influences.