Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Sin Symbiont

Sin grabs a hold of every human being on the face of this planet.  Sin is an immoral act against the Divine law of God. Now I know some don't even believe in the Lord Almighty but that does not stop the reality of sin. Every person on planet Earth has built inside of them the knowing of right and wrong. People know when they lie it is wrong they can feel it. A murderer can feel it when he releases the bullet from his weapon that he has just crossed the point of no return. An adulterer can sense the wrong of her deeds when she decides to cheat on her faithful husband. Deep within our physique is the knowing of wrong and the knowing of right. Who put that there? Did evolution make us that way? If evolution is the creator then throughout the millions of years of evolving surely we would have evolved into having no morals because after all it is the survival of the fittest. No God made moral reasoning a part of our DNA. Now we can ignore it , make excuses for our sin, or even convince ourselves that our sin is ok. It does not matter. We can not run away from what our God has created within us.

Sin is worse than cancer or aids. Cancer and Aids are some pretty bad diseases and I desire for every person with these horrible diseases to be healed from them. However, sin is worse because it eats from the inside out. It attacks the Soul and hinders the body.  Regardless of your social status sin is stalking you constantly. It is controlling you or overcoming your godly reasoning. Sin , if allowed, rewrites our spiritual DNA and shoots us into a world darkness.

 Now I write this blog not as a spectator of sin but as a sometimes participant. It baffles my mind how I fall into it's clutches. I am bewildered by it's stealth ways, and it's overwhelming power to place the heavy burden of guilt upon me. It is Satan's greatest weapon against humanity. When he used the serpent in the Garden to trick Eve; his purpose was to introduce sin in hopes that it would taint all of humanity. His goal was to prevent an unblemished Savior for coming to our planet and save us all from Sin's stronghold. Obviously he failed and failed miserable he has. ( Yoda talk there for a minute.)  Sin makes no sense. When you care about the feelings and desires of God; you realize how much sin makes no sense. I understand why the Living God went through so much great lengths to send a Savior who would deliver us from it. Sin destroys. It kills our humanity. It separates us from the Living God. It blackens our heart and pushes us more into darkness. Who likes darkness? Who likes the prospect of Hell? I sure don't. That is not why I desire to serve the Lord; so I will not go to HELL. However, the realty of Hell is there no matter how many people try to deny it. Just like there are punishments for breaking governmental laws. There is a jail cell , HELL, for those who have turned their back against the heart of God.  We all cheer when the court system sentences a murderer or child molester to prison but we have a change of heart when dealing with our own consequences for our sin. I wonder why that is?  Maybe all those people out there calling Christians hypocrites or just as much hypocrites.


Paul the apostle gives a humanistic account of what sin is like within an individual. He equates sin to being a living organism. A parasite even or symbiont. The sin symbiont takes over our physique and begins to bring corruption within us. We black out to the Sin symbiont's power and allow it to sear our mind from the truth.

Romans 7:12-25  So Moses' Teachings are holy, and the commandment is holy, right, and good.  (13)  Now, did something good cause my death? That's unthinkable! Rather, my death was caused by sin so that sin would be recognized for what it is. Through a commandment sin became more sinful than ever.  (14)  I know that God's standards are spiritual, but I have a corrupt nature, sold as a slave to sin.  (15)  I don't realize what I'm doing. I don't do what I want to do. Instead, I do what I hate.  (16)  I don't do what I want to do, but I agree that God's standards are good.  (17)  So I am no longer the one who is doing the things I hate, but sin that lives in me is doing them.  (18)  I know that nothing good lives in me; that is, nothing good lives in my corrupt nature. Although I have the desire to do what is right, I don't do it.  (19)  I don't do the good I want to do. Instead, I do the evil that I don't want to do.  (20)  Now, when I do what I don't want to do, I am no longer the one who is doing it. Sin that lives in me is doing it.  (21)  So I've discovered this truth: Evil is present with me even when I want to do what God's standards say is good.  (22)  I take pleasure in God's standards in my inner being.  (23)  However, I see a different standard at work throughout my body. It is at war with the standards my mind sets and tries to take me captive to sin's standards which still exist throughout my body.  (24)  What a miserable person I am! Who will rescue me from my dying body?  (25)  I thank God that our Lord Jesus Christ rescues me! So I am obedient to God's standards with my mind, but I am obedient to sin's standards with my corrupt nature.


Paul comes to the realization that he needs a savior more and more. Only Jesus, who knew no sin, can free us from the Sin Symbiont's control. God's standards are good and true. We all have standards we must live by whether they are humanistic or godly inspired. His standards are pure, holy, and true. There is a reason why He calls us to it. there is a reason why we are called to embrace his ways with fullness. His standards saves our lives from a Sin death. A sin death is the worse kind of death one could befall. Once sin has killed you from the inside/out then there is no turning back. The consquence of the sin has swallowed you completely.

There is hope. Yes, and thank you Lord for your grace. We can be set free from the Sin Symbiont's clutches if we so desire. The simplest way to over come sin is to not do it. I know that sounds cliche,but it holds value. Only through the empowerment of the Living Lord can we conquer the sin symbiont's hold on us.  Only through prayer, fasting, and reading/doing his word can we overcome. It is not easy by no means but the force of it's power gets weaker every time we conquer a sinasode. ( Episode of sin).

I know someone is asking." If Christians supposedly have Jesus then why do they still " Sin."  We sin in the moments  when we don't have Jesus. In other words, when we are not faithfully following Him then sin occurs. It is just that simple.  Scripture is clear. Sin does not have dominion over us if we are following the standards of God.

Romans 6:19-22  I'm speaking in a human way because of the weakness of your corrupt nature. Clearly, you once offered all the parts of your body as slaves to sexual perversion and disobedience. This led you to live disobedient lives. Now, in the same way, offer all the parts of your body as slaves that do what God approves of. This leads you to live holy lives.  (20)  When you were slaves to sin, you were free from doing what God approves of.  (21)  What did you gain by doing those things? You're ashamed of what you used to do because it ended in death.  (22)  Now you have been freed from sin and have become God's slaves. This results in a holy life and, finally, in everlasting life.

We don't have to be slaves any longer. We don't have to be bound. We can be set free and experience the true love our Lord.  Thank you Lord for where much sin has abound your love has abound even more.

Romans 5:19-21  Clearly, through one person's disobedience humanity became sinful, and through one person's obedience humanity will receive God's approval.  (20)  Laws were added to increase the failure. But where sin increased, God's kindness increased even more.  (21)  As sin ruled by bringing death, God's kindness would rule by bringing us his approval. This results in our living forever because of Jesus Christ our Lord.

Loved ones except the grace and love of Christ. Loved ones please make Christ your number one priority. He is faithful. He is true. His love expands beyond the Universe. Do you understand this truth? If you wish to travel to the edge of the known Universe; His love would expand beyond that point. He is so kind and He is so faithful. Once again I speak not as a spectator but as one who has befallen the Sin Symbiont's  clutches.  I am one who was once lost but who is now found. I was once bound but now I am set free. I speak not as a judge but as a freed slave.

blessings,

Johnny



Post a Comment