Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Victim or Victor ( I can do all things part 3)

Philippians 4:11-12  I'm not saying this because I'm in any need. I've learned to be content in whatever situation I'm in.  (12)  I know how to live in poverty or prosperity. No matter what the situation, I've learned the secret of how to live when I'm full or when I'm hungry, when I have too much or when I have too little.

Paul the Apostle had learned a valuable secret in life. He learned to be content or happy in whatever situation he was in. It did not mean that during the hard times he was oblivious to the situations. It simply meant he learned to adapt and overcome through the power of Christ. Instead of being the VICTIM, he became the VICTOR.

Many people live their lives in a VICTIM state. " I have this bad thing happening to me or my past was so bad you would not believe." And for some their situations are truly horrific like the story of the 14 year old Muslim girl who converted to Christianity. She lived in one of the Mid-Eastern countries of today. When she was persecuted for her new found faith; she simply smiled and pressed forward. She was beaten and abused by her own family but instead of being the victim she remained the victor. Finally , her father had her killed by means of beheading her.  This young girl had the right to be the VICTIM; she truly had horrific things happen to her. She chose not to let her situations in life stop her pursuit of the one true God. She had found the truth and gave her life for it. This was what Paul was talking about. This is what it means to truly overcome and to do all things through Christ.

Many believers go around allowing their circumstances to dictate their life. Trust me I know more than most the trials of life. I have been through some pretty horrific things myself, but I also know that Christ is my answer. He is the anchor that holds. I refuse to be the VICTIM.  You and I have the power to overcome any situation in life. We can truly do all things through Christ. I am not telling you that you current situation is not bad or hard to deal with. I am just giving the truth of God's word of how to overcome it. It is OK to admit what the situation is but never allow the situation to dictate to you your current faith.

Be the VICTOR not the VICTIM!!!!

blessings,


Johnny

Post a Comment