Acts 2:41-47 Those who accepted what Peter said were baptized. That day about 3,000 people were added to the group. (42) The disciples were devoted to the teachings of the apostles, to fellowship, to the breaking of bread, and to prayer. (43) A feeling of fear came over everyone as many amazing things and miraculous signs happened through the apostles. (44) All the believers kept meeting together, and they shared everything with each other. (45) From time to time, they sold their property and other possessions and distributed the money to anyone who needed it. (46) The believers had a single purpose and went to the temple every day. They were joyful and humble as they ate at each other's homes and shared their food. (47) At the same time, they praised God and had the good will of all the people. Every day the Lord saved people, and they were added to the group.
What makes us unique to the world? What makes us believers that passionately follow our Lord? We don't belong to a blind faith. We follow a real and present Savior; who loves us unconditionally. When Peter finished preaching the message of Christ on that fine day. 3,000 people came to the knowledge and salvation of Christ. In an instance, their whole way of thinking was changed to God's way of thinking. They wanted nothing more but to please their living God.
What makes us the " OUTSTANDING BELIEVERS" of today? I believe the above passage can give us some clues.
1. Acceptance : The Outstanding believers mentioned in this passage firstly accepted the word that was spoken to them by Peter. They message was revealed as truth to them and they chose to follow. Outstanding believers accept and live the Message of Hope to the world. We believe it strongly to our core and nothing can waver us from it.
2. Devotion: The Outstanding believers were devoted to the teachings, to relationships, to prayer, to communion, and every way of Christian living.
3. Reverence: The Fear of the Lord was present and out of the fear of the Lord miraculous things would constantly happen. When we lose our total reverence to God; we lose the miraculous. Outstanding believers recognize and honor their God.
4. Unification: The Outstanding believers kept meeting together. They would encourage each other and strategize about the spreading of the Good news.They all walked in one purpose.
5. Collaboration: The Outstanding believers shared all of their resources with each other. When one was in need; the others would sale land or excess and give it to the person in need. Where is this at today among the believers? We American Christians support our missionaries which is great but what about supporting native leaders or ministers in foreign countries. They will have the greater impact. Outstanding Believers share their resources with each other so the kingdom of God can be advanced.
6. Adoration: They worshiped and praised the Lord together. They wanted the world to know about their love and devotion to their living God. Outstanding believers declare their praise to their God.
7. Multiplication: The Outstanding believers reproduced. They shared their faith and many others came to the truth. This is what we are called to do. When you have the truth; you have to share it with everyone.
What are we doing to become these " Outstanding Believer."? I want to be the difference in the world today. What about you?