Thursday, August 11, 2011

Needing each other ( I can do all things part 4)

Philippians 4:18-19  You have paid me in full, and I have more than enough. Now that Epaphroditus has brought me your gifts, you have filled my needs. Your gifts are a soothing aroma, a sacrifice that God accepts and with which he is pleased.  (19)  My God will richly fill your every need in a glorious way through Christ Jesus.

We have taken the simple verse of  " I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me " and broken it down for review.  Doing things through Christ has such a wide spectrum.

I know that I could not and would not be where I am at today if it were not for certain people that the living God has placed in my life. No one can be an island to themselves. We NEED EACH OTHER!!!!! I personally think I could survive on a deserted island for a few days but then after the third day I would seek companionship. Can you say Wilson? (  Little joke from the movie Castaway.)

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me but how does he strengthen me? What or who does he use to strengthen me? He uses the people around me. The people who really take the time to build a relationship with me and I with them. People who really know my heart and my intent.

The Philippian church loved Paul dearly and helped support him in time of need even when he did not ask for it or require it. They had his heart and had a true relationship with him. Overcoming does not have to be alone. We can stand together. I  want all of you to know that I love you and truly want to be there for you. It is important that we stick together and lift each other up in time of need.

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us through each other.

Love you all,

Johnny
Post a Comment