Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Because He Lives

1 Corinthians 15:1-4  Brothers and sisters, I'm making known to you the Good News which I already told you, which you received, and on which your faith is based.  (2)  In addition, you are saved by this Good News if you hold on to the doctrine I taught you, unless you believed it without thinking it over.  (3)  I passed on to you the most important points of doctrine that I had received: Christ died to take away our sins as the Scriptures predicted.  (4)  He was placed in a tomb. He was brought back to life on the third day as the Scriptures predicted.

Bill and Gloria Gaither have written hundreds of beautiful Gospel songs over the years. Many churches today still sing their songs. Their music is truly inspirational and has touched many hearts over the years. Their songs will never die out.
One beautiful and inspiring song that they wrote is called Because He Lives.

Bill and Gloria were expecting a child again and they were going through some difficulties times. Gloria was worried about raising a child in an evil world, but God spoke to them one day and gave them the words to this song.

Verse 1 - God sent his son,
They called Him Jesus
He came to love, heal and forgive,
He bled and died to buy my pardon
An empty grave is there to prove my Savior lives.
Chorus - Because He lives, I can face tomorrow
Because He lives, all fear is gone.
Because I know, I know, He holds the future
And life is worth the living just because He lives.

Verse 2 - How sweet to hold a newborn baby,
And feel the pride and joy he gives
But greater still the calm assurance
This child can face uncertain days because He lives.

Verse 3 - And then one day, I'll cross the river,
I'll fight life's final war with pain;
And then, as death gives way to vict'ry,
I'll see the lights of glory and I know he lives.

Paul the apostle said the Good News is this. Jesus died on the cross for our sins, was put in a tomb and was brought back to life by the power of the living God.  This is the Good News!!! This is the Message of Christ!!! We have a blessed hope because our Lord lives. And BECAUSE HE LIVES. We can face any circumstance. We can overcome any obstacle. We can leap over any wall. We are the head and not the tail.  We blessed with overflowing and light of God shines within us. All BECAUSE HE LIVES!!!!!  Cheer up be of great Joy because your Savior Lives and he is here with us today.

Post a Comment