Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I can do all things.

Philippians 4:11-13  I'm not saying this because I'm in any need. I've learned to be content in whatever situation I'm in.  (12)  I know how to live in poverty or prosperity. No matter what the situation, I've learned the secret of how to live when I'm full or when I'm hungry, when I have too much or when I have too little.  (13)  I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me.

What is the secret of how to live? Paul found it and other believers found it. What is it exactly? The secret is revealed in verse 13. " I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me.."  This is how Paul could serve the Lord in plenty and in lack. This is how we can serve the Lord in good times and bad times. Are we ready for the bad times? As our world gets more and more volatile, are we ready for bad times? When they come will our faith arise and be strong in the Lord?

When I think about this verse I think about the Chinese Christians. Many have to meet in underground churches due to the governments restraints on Christianity. I think about the stories of many Chinese believers who endured much because of their faith. We in the WEST don't have a clue when it comes to really standing up for our faith. I have read countless stories of pastors and average believers being beaten, jailed, imprisoned to a work camp, placed under house arrest and much more just for their faith in Christ. I have read where many of the Chinese Christians quote Philippians 4:13 and use it as their confidence in the Lord.

There is nothing that we can not do in and through our LORD JESUS!!!! I have witnessed it in my life and in the lives of many around me. It is a beautiful thing to see. Some where along the way, I know I sometimes forget the power of this verse in my life. God has a plan for us all and He has big dreams for us. I gladly submit myself to HIS WAYS and to HIS WILL for my life. If I stay tracking with His truth, I can never go wrong. If we keep believing in this verse, the sky is not the  limit. The limit does not exists when we are walking in the Will of our Father and believing in Him. He holds the key to our future and destiny. Through Him I can everything He has called me to be.

What about you? Where do you stand? Do you know that you can do anything through the power of Christ within you? Live this verse out this week and see what happens.



Blessings,

Johnny

Post a Comment