Tuesday, May 3, 2011

His Eyes upon me

1 Peter 3:12  The Lord's eyes are on those who do what he approves. His ears hear their prayer. The Lord confronts those who do evil."




What does God see when he is looking down on me?
What does He hear when I lift up a word of prayer?
Does He see a man bound to his  own deception
Or does He see a son delivered from the world's destruction?
Does He look upon me with love and grace?
Or Does He find sin written on my face?
Does He desire to come and hold me tight?
Does He desire to share His loving might?
What does He hear when my words are lifted up to Him?
Does He hear self-centered prayers and cover-ups of Sin?
Are my words enshrouded with His wisdom and understanding?
Do my prayers lack the needed Spirit leading?
Oh that I may see as He sees.
Oh that I may hear as He hears.
Oh that I may align my heart with His.
Oh that I may fall before His mercy.
He sees me in the midst of my struggles and in the midst of my victories.
He hears me crying in the night for those I love and for those I have never met.
His love is more than I could ever know and comprehend.
His grace is more than I deserve and apprehend.
Oh God come and look upon me with your eyes of truth and love.
Oh God come and hear my words as they rise like a dove.
Embellish me with your covering of grace.
And let me look upon your lovely face.






Post a Comment