Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Beauty of the Lord

Psalm 27:4  I have asked one thing from the LORD. This I will seek: to remain in the LORD'S house all the days of my life in order to gaze at the LORD'S beauty and to search for an answer in his temple.

This morning was just a beautiful time in the Lord and simply spending time with Him on my knees. I am ashamed to say that I don't get to do that very often. Life is just so busy sometimes and it shouldn't be. Sometimes it is so easy to get caught up in the every day grin and forget about the important things in life. One major important thing for me and should be for all believers is spending time with our God.

The writer of the Psalm gives a depiction of what a day should look like in the Lord. He wanted to  spend time with the Lord on the Lord's turf. "... Remain in the LORD's House all the days of my life..." The writer desires nothing more in life but the living God. When we desire nothing more than the living God and the serving of His ways then everything else around us takes on a new perspective.

The writer gives us a secret of how to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and it is by spending time with Him. Coming into the house of the Lord ( not meaning a  church building) which means coming into His presence and simply worshiping Him. We were created for worship. We were created to follow after His heart. He knows best for us because He has designed all that is good and true. All true answers in life come from the Lord and His word. We can only understand His heart and purpose for our lives by spending time with Him in His HOUSE. Trust me there is no way that if you are really spending time with the Lord that you come out being the same. He will convict your heart. He will direct your emotions. He will show you His ways. This is the reality of spending time with the Lord. To gaze upon His beauty and majesty is so awesome and real. Because of Jesus' sacrifice on the cross, we have a paved path to the greatness of God. We get to experience a greater glory than what Moses experienced on Mount Sinai. How awesome is that!!!!

I think about all the things which have happen in my life good and bad and how my God has been faithful to the end. His beauty has always shined through even when I was a knuckle head. Even when I would miss the mark my God would shine His beauty on my heart of repentance.  This morning I got to see the beauty of the Lord and it shone with greatness. He revealed my heart , good and bad, and motioned me into His presence. The Deeper I go the more I experience of Him.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is the truth of God's word. It is not something strange for a man to follow the heart of His God. We are commissioned to come into His HOUSE and worship at HIS FEET.  When was the last time you knelt before the Lord and called upon His name? When was the last time you prayed and talked to the Lord? ( Something more than just selfish needs) When was the last time you communed with Him and experience the deepness of His presence? I promise you this the beauty of the Lord is amazing and biblical. The world can not understand the mysteries that we believers have in our Lord. It is foolishness to them because they don't have Him. But for us, we know. We know that our God is real and that we can spend time with Him. We know that His beauty and majesty is real and we see it every time we commune with His heart. I encourage you today to simply fall on your knees before the living God , come into His house, and experience His beauty.

blessings,


Johnny
Post a Comment