Wednesday, April 13, 2011

What's Sin Got to do with it?

When I was a kid, I would sometimes be mean to my little sister and brother. We use to live at a place where our drive way was gravel. Like any normal kid, I use to throw rocks at my sister's bike spokes as she would drive by. The key was trying to get the rock through the spokes without it hitting them. Although sometimes hitting them was fun too because the rocks would fly up into the air. Pretty cool stuff. Well like normal little sisters do. She told on me. (Oh mean little girl. LOL) My dad told me to stop or else. He said something about the rock could fly up and hit my sister. “Yeah right Dad." was my thought. It has not happen so far so I didn't think it would happen at all. Well my brain began to work. I found this flat piece of plywood lying around. “Dad said I could not throw rocks. He did not say anything about a piece of plywood." were my thoughts. So my sister comes beaming around the gravel drive way on here girly bike, I throw the piece of plywood like a Frisbee, it hits the top of her tire and gets stuck. The plywood causes the front tire to freeze from movement. Do you know what happen next? You guessed it!!!! My sister begins to fly over her handle bars and lands face first into the gravel road. Did you hear me? She lands face first into the gravel road. Oh the horror that came next. She yelled bloody murder. My mom and dad come running out of the trailer. My sister was bleeding head to toe. I never saw so much blood. I started to cry and give the famous answer that all kids give when they do something wrong. “I did not mean too." Duh!!! Of course I meant too. I threw the dang piece of plywood at her. HELLO!!!! It did not jump out of my hand. I threw it for God's sake!!! LOL!!!! Anyway my sister gets rushed to the hospital. We waited for hours for her to come home. I thought I killed her. I was scared to death. My sister comes home with a busted up face. She has stitches inside her lip, outside her lip, above her nose, and on her forehead. It was a horrible sight and my actions caused it all. This could have been avoided if I just listened to my dad. DO YOU SEE A THEME HERE?

So what does sin have to do with it? A LOT!!!!!!!!
How many Christians and non Christians make the same excuse for their sins each day? When God’s word clearly states what sin is and why the sin is wrong. My dad told me not to throw the rocks anymore, so I made an excuse for my sin and changed my ammo. “Because dad did not say I could not throw a piece of plywood.” It was still sinful. I still disobeyed regardless if I convinced myself that it was ok. This is what many people do day in and day out. “It is ok to cheat on my wife because she is mean to me.” Or “I can steal this because I need it.” Or “I can eat what I want because I deserve it.” Or “I was born this way, so I must follow my urges.” Or “I can’t help myself.” Or “God understands why I have to tell little white lies.” Or “God knows what I am going through.” Or “Don’t judge me; this is what the bible says right.”
Let us address the last statement that most people use. First off, who said “Judge not unless you are judged…”? It was Jesus. And who was he talking to? Religious people or church people, and what was he talking about? How wrong it was for religious people to judge OTHER believers based off of the religious people’s self made doctrine. For instance, the Pharisees judged the disciples of Jesus one day because they did not wash their hands before eating. This was a religious doctrine that was made up by men not found in the word of God. In today’s terms what could be our example? A religious person judging me when I come into church with jeans and a nice shirt on instead of wearing the traditional fancy, mancy dress clothes. You understand now. So all of you ignorant people that use this one verse as your premise to keep sinning, I just pulled the carpet out from underneath you. SIN IS SIN. Not because I said so, but because God said so!!!! You know the Supreme Being who knows all and cares deeply for us.
Just because I chose to make an excuse for my disobedience from my dad, did not mean that was not sin. It was still sin no matter how much I convinced myself it wasn’t. It also came with a consequence which ended up hurting someone else that I care about. “MY SISTER.”
The Bible is clear about what is sin. Always has been. Mankind has just spent countless hours and years trying to manipulate what God actual said so Sin can abound. Every since the failure of Adam and Eve, mankind passionately savors the taste of sin. Hey sin seems or feels good. FOR A SEASON or until the blinders come off. Everyone on the face of the planet has the ability to fall deep into sin if so desired. Have you ever hated anyone so bad that you thought you could actually kill them? What stopped you? The news headlines are full of average people like you and I that have crossed the line and fallen into their gross sins. Sin is evil and it is out to kill, steal, and destroy likes its master Satan is. It was Satan who tempted the serpent, who tempted Eve, who tempted Adam, with some miss information.

Genesis 3:1-5 the snake was cleverer than all the wild animals the LORD God had made. He asked the woman, "Did God really say, 'You must never eat the fruit of any tree in the garden'?" (2) The woman answered the snake, "We're allowed to eat the fruit from any tree in the garden (3) except the tree in the middle of the garden. God said, 'You must never eat it or touch it. If you do, you will die!'" (4) "You certainly won't die!" the snake told the woman. (5) "God knows that when you eat it your eyes will be opened. You'll be like God, knowing good and evil."

The Serpent convinced Eve that she would not really die and also led her to believe that God really did not say all those things. Eve knew what God had said but she convince herself otherwise because the fruit look good and the temptation of knowing all things was too big to pass up. When sin is committed we tell ourselves that we are better than our God or that we are gods ourselves. This is what disobedience does but regardless of our thoughts. Sin will always enter to a place of consequence.
Genesis 2:15-17 Then the LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to farm the land and to take care of it. (16) The LORD God commanded the man. He said, "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden. (17) But you must never eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil because when you eat from it, you will certainly die."

The Bible says that the wages of Sin is death. It destroys , case you are wondering what that means. If a society allows themselves to go free from moral and ethical conduct, what do you think would happen? To go a step further, if the world convinces themselves that the sins ( that God lists in his word) are not wrong, then what will happen to the world around us? Sin has a consequence and it has a snowball effect. Satan knew that if he could get Adam and Eve to fall, he would have tainted the whole Human race. This is why we were sent a Savior. Hello!!!! This is easy to understand. We need a Savior people. A Savior to save us from our selfish and sinful desires!!!!!!! We all have them or have had them!!!!! And sometimes still fight them!!!!
So why is the world fighting so hard to not listen or change the words of God? Sin is freakin’ fun to do for a season and if you convince yourself. It is ok to do. But God sees before us and all around us. He knows what Sin actually does even when we don’t. Life is about rules and order. We must have them. There are good reasons for them. Think what would happen if there was no law of Gravity. There would be flying people everywhere, flying off into space. We be dead in other words!!!!!! You could convince yourself that Gravity does not exist but try jumping off a roof and see what happens.

What about Sin?
What is sin in God’s eyes? It is anything that goes against His nature of righteousness and brings separation between us and Him. God longs for our hearts. He longs for our relationship. We were created for this. Sin breaks the bonds and places us outside of God’s will for our lives. God did not give us rules to punish us or to take away our FUN. He gave them to us to protect. He lives in the realm of holiness and righteousness and understands the importance of doing so. If we truly love God and desire to follow Him, then we desire to rid ourselves from those things that would separate us from Him. Jesus came to make a way back to the Father’s heart, but it is up to us to make sure our lives are changing.
Sins and their consequence:
( NIV) Galatians 5:
16 So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. 17 For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever[c] you want. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

( Message) Galatians 5:
16-18My counsel is this: Live freely, animated and motivated by God's Spirit. Then you won't feed the compulsions of selfishness. For there is a root of sinful self-interest in us that is at odds with a free spirit, just as the free spirit is incompatible with selfishness. These two ways of life are antithetical, so that you cannot live at times one way and at times another way according to how you feel on any given day. Why don't you choose to be led by the Spirit and so escape the erratic compulsions of a law-dominated existence?
19-21It is obvious what kind of life develops out of trying to get your own way all the time: repetitive, loveless, cheap sex; a stinking accumulation of mental and emotional garbage; frenzied and joyless grabs for happiness; trinket gods; magic-show religion; paranoid loneliness; cutthroat competition; all-consuming-yet-never-satisfied wants; a brutal temper; an impotence to love or be loved; divided homes and divided lives; small-minded and lopsided pursuits; the vicious habit of depersonalizing everyone into a rival; uncontrolled and uncontrollable addictions; ugly parodies of community. I could go on.
( NIV) I Corinthians 6
7 The very fact that you have lawsuits among you means you have been completely defeated already. Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be cheated? 8 Instead, you yourselves cheat and do wrong, and you do this to your brothers and sisters. 9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
I am just using two passages because they have a list. The bible is filled with others. We could list the Ten Commandments. We could list the other Old Testament commandments that deal with sin. We can mention Romans 1& 2 and the teachings of Jesus in Matthew 5-7. The list goes on and on. The point is “I did not say these things nor did other Christians.” JESUS DID. OUR GOD DID!!!!! Here is the truth. Those who want to stay in their sin will now try to disembowel the Bible. The will try to make the bible not God’s word so they can excuse their sin. Listen SIN IS SIN. You can candy coat it. You can call it something else. You can say “This is just what I believe.” You can misquote the “Thou shalt judge me” verse, but SIN IS SIN. It goes against God’s nature. It goes against his design for mankind and it brings destruction. Every society that was left to waddle in their sin eventually crashed and burned due to their corruption. The scriptures above declare that we will not stand before the Lord if we stay in such sins. If I stay a bitter or lustful person and never come to repentance, then I miss out on the goodness my God has for me. I face the punishment which fits the crime. Just like in our society. If someone murders another they are trialed and sentenced. If someone commits adultery or robs a bank, the crime is punished and a consequence is issued. Rest assured that God is not mocked. We will reap what we have sown.

Now I don’t want to end this little message with all gloom and doom. There is hope and it is simple. TURN TO JESUS. SURRENDER ALL TO HIM. Those that really have a relationship with the Lord are growing each day and getting rid of the sin. I know what some are thinking. “ Well God loves me just the way I am.” Well yes and no. God loves you but loves you enough to send you Jesus, so you don’t have to stay the way you are. Because the way you are without Christ is not the way of God for you. Jesus told the man that was lowered through His roof to rise up and walk then go and sin no more. He told the woman who was about to be stoned the same thing. He told his disciples to keep their hearts pure. Jesus made it clear that he was the remedy for sin’s hold on man. He defeated sin on the cross and that cross was for us. If anything, I hope this message shows you the Love of God for your life. He cares and wants your heart (completely) if you are a believer; he wants you to return to Him with new passion and fire. God truly loves us.
So what does sin got to do with it? A lot my Friend and whole A lot.
Post a Comment