has revealed, and I may understand all mysteries and have all knowledge. I may even have enough faith to move mountains. But if I don't have love, I am nothing. (3) I may even give away all that I have and give up my body to be burned. But if I don't have love, none of these things will help me. (4) Love is patient. Love is kind. Love isn't jealous. It doesn't sing its own praises. It isn't arrogant. (5) It isn't rude. It doesn't think about itself. It isn't irritable. It doesn't keep track of wrongs. (6) It isn't happy when injustice is done, but it is happy with the truth. (7) Love never stops being patient, never stops believing, never stops hoping, never gives up. (8) Love never comes to an end. There is the gift of speaking what God has revealed, but it will no longer be used. There is the gift of speaking in other languages, but it will stop by itself. There is the gift of knowledge, but it will no longer be used. (9) Our knowledge is incomplete and our ability to speak what God has revealed is incomplete. (10) But when what is complete comes, then what is incomplete will no longer be used. (11) When I was a child, I spoke like a child, thought like a child, and reasoned like a child. When I became an adult, I no longer used childish ways. (12) Now we see a blurred image in a mirror. Then we will see very clearly. Now my is incomplete. Then I will have complete knowledge as God has complete knowledge of me. (13) So these three things remain: faith, hope, and love. But the best one of these is love.
I Corinthians 13: 1-8 ( Message Bible)
The Way of Love
1 If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don't love, I'm nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate. 2If I speak God's Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, "Jump," and it jumps, but I don't love, I'm nothing. 3-7If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love.
Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
Love doesn't strut,
Doesn't have a swelled head,
Doesn't force itself on others,
Isn't always "me first,"
Doesn't fly off the handle,
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn't revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.
8-10Love never dies.
As a believer, I have seen many things in my life. I have seen so many good and bad things within the church of the Living God. I believe what grieves me the most is when I see believers not truly loving through the love of Christ. There is a love we must all develop and pattern after. Paul the Apostle had heard about the Corinthian Christian and their actions among each other. They were sleeping around with each other, taking each other to court, allowing those in un-repentive sin still gather without correction, they were greedy on their giving, backbiting each other, and simply falling into gross sins. Where was the love?
Unless we work on it, people are generally selfish. Most people only see their needs and desires. The love of God rarely flows out of their lives. As believers, God has called us to a greater love. If we are passionate about our relationship with Him then it will show as we love others through His love.
I have pastored churches and been in churches. It is sad to see when the people of God back bite, accuse, and simply say and do evil things to each other. I have had pastors and “So- called” Christians do worse things to me than people who don’t even know Christ would have. This should not be.
What does love have to do with it?
God has designed a love for us, which once practiced and lived, could change the world around us. His love is meant to cover the multitude of sins, bring the lost to his throne, strengthen marriages and families, promote unity among the brethren, and show the world what they are missing. The church is the biggest example of His love to the world. If we love His way, then lives will be changed. Love has a lot to do with it. Having His love pouring in and out of your life could literally rock your world!!!!
What is His love?
I can pray over people and see them healed but if I don’t have HIS LOVE, then I have accomplished nothing. I can lead thousands to Christ but I don’t have HIS LOVE then I have done nothing. I can build Cathedrals and large church buildings but without HIS LOVE I have just built landmarks of myself imposed achievements. I could give away all my wealth to the poor but if HIS LOVE is not pouring out of me then I have just a nice deed. It is HIS LOVE that transforms me and makes me who I am. When I stand before the Lord one day, He will not judge me by my many accomplishments. He will judge me by how I allowed HIS LOVE to pour out of me and the accomplishments I achieved through that love. Not everything we build or do is totally what God has told us to do. This is why we need His amazing love to flow through us.
1. Love is patient. Think about how patient the Lord is with us. Do we demonstrate this aspect of Love to others? When you are waiting in line at the checkout, what do you do? When traffic is at a standstill, what is your reaction? HIS LOVE is patient. He waits patiently for our repentance and He waits patiently for our deliverance. HE NEVER GIVES UP ON US EVEN WHEN WE GIVE UP ON HIM.
2. Love is kind. HIS LOVE is benevolent. It reaches out with wisdom and intelligence. When you are filled with HIS LOVE; you desire to reach out to others. Many Christians hide their faith and never reach out to anyone. GUESS WHAT? You don’t have his love. GUESS WHAT # 2? The Bible says you are not of HIM. Just saying.
3. Love is not Envious: Love does not covet things which others might have. HIS LOVE is not jealous over others. Husbands and wives, if you think being jealous over each other is a healthy way of showing love then you are badly mistaken. His love is not jealous. Men if you are lusting after another man’s wife or desire another man’s play toys then HIS LOVE is not within you. Ladies if you are jealous over other people and what they have then HIS LOVE is not within you. LOVE DOES NOT WANT WHAT IT DOES NOT HAVE. This means if you are running after things in life then HIS LOVE is not in. The pursuit of wealth should never be just with you in mine. It should be with the mindset of reaching out to others and if you are doing that now. It stands to reason you will not do that when you get wealthier. Just saying.
4. Love is not prideful. If you have to tell people you are a Christian, then you are not a Christian. I have been around believers all my life who take credit for something God obviously did. In some cases they simply lavish up their story, so they could look good. This should not be. HIS LOVE is humbling. HIS LOVE brings us to our knees. We realize we are nothing without HIM.
5. Love is not rude. “Oh my Polly Wolly.” How many Christians are RUDE to the core? I have seen “So-Called Christians.” Cuss out a cashier and leave to go out to their car which has a “ I love Jesus.” Bumper sticker on it. HIS LOVE is not rude or forceful on anyone. If you are rude then you don’t have His love. Just saying.
6. Love is not self-centered. When HIS love is in you; you desire to give and reach out to others. In marriage you desire to do things for your spouse and not always make it about yourself. In your family relationship, you lay down your life for your kids. The same is in any relationship. You fight, not to please others, but to serve others through the LOVE OF CHRIST.
7. Love does not fly-off the handle. If God flew off the handle like I have seen many Christians do, we all are dead right now. There was a lady we knew. She was in the grocery store one day and her son was acting up. He yells at him and says “You better get back over here you SON OF A B****.” Love does not fly off the handle and blows up easily at others. It does not get mad of the least little thing. It does not yell constantly. HIS LOVE is a calming sea. Love is not easily provoked by the actions of others. Think about the Story of Stephen in Acts 6-7. He had the right to fly off the handle but didn’t because HIS LOVE was in him.
8. Love doesn’t keep a score of wrongs. HIS LOVE forgives and let’s go of all the wrong done to you. You see your enemies through his love. It does not mean that you become their best buddies or that you forget what has been done to you. It does mean that you release them because HIS LOVE is in you. In marriages, HIS LOVE does not keep throwing up each other’s past mistakes or failures. LOVE FORGIVES. IT LETS GO. Are you not glad that God does that to us?
9. Love doesn’t take pleasure in seeing pain in others. HIS LOVE is merciful. I don’t delight when someone goes to hell because of their sin. I don’t delight when my enemies get what they have sown. I am grieved and broken. I see the hand of God and know that I could be in the same predicament. Love does not desire to see others hurting and in pain. Love reaches out and fines a place of hope. Love is not happy with injustice either. It desires to fix what is wrong. Sin brings much injustice.
10. Love is happy with the truth. HIS LOVE operates in the reality of truth. When HIS LOVE is in us, we strive for the truth of His spirit to be within us. We follow after his truth whole-heartedly which is found in his word. Sorry, if we don’t follow his word then HIS LOVE is not flowing through us.
11. Love never gives up. HIS LOVE in us never stops believing just because a bad circumstance has happen to us. It stops hoping just because the enemy is hitting us strong. HIS LOVE keeps us within HIS LOVING ARMS. It is the amazing force which allows us to endure all things and hope for all things. It is the power plant to our faith. We need HIS LOVE to survive in this world.
12. Love is eternal. HIS LOVE is eternal. Our human love is not. HIS LOVE lasts forever and will consume the universe. In fact, our Universe exists because His universe of Love allows it. Love lasts. HIS LOVE LASTS when everything else falls. One day prophecies will no longer be needed. Speaking in Tongues will not have to be and the pursuit of knowledge will cease. We will not need it because HIS LOVE we be all that and a bag of chips.
It is time that believers grow up and walk in the Love of God. The church and the world would be a different place if we did. If we had HIS LOVE within us then our churches would be filled with happy and friendly people. Our Marriages would be stronger than ever and our relationships would endure the human encounters and clashes. Where is the Love of the Lord within us?
So what does love have to do with it? Love is a major foundation of our faith. Live the Love man!!!! Live the Love of God.