Sunday, April 24, 2011

Johnnyisms

Johnnyisms

An associate and I at work often come up with lifeisms at work. It is a fun way of expressing how much we have learned about life and how much we are continuing to learn. I wanted to start a page of some of my isms. And maybe you can be blessed by them.

1. You can either drown in your negatives or shower in your positives.
2. Adversity can either make you grow or make you wither.
3. Your life is like a television show that people are watching. Some days you are a sitcom and other days you are a drama.
4. Your funeral will either testify about your life with God or testify about your life without Him.
5. Time is just a word God gave us. We came up with the definition because He does not have a clue of what it is.
6. Our lives are not just lived for ourselves.
7. He never promised that we would not struggle in life but He promises that the struggle never becomes a stronghold that keeps us down for the count.
8. Bitterness never grows the person but groans the person.
9. Life is filled with unknowns and variables but my God is a great mathematician.
10. God exists outside of the Universe not within it.
11. Our faith does not have to be a jungle but like a jungle starter. ( A seed)
12. You never get a Purple Heart unless you are willing to be shot at.
13. Light reveals what the darkness tries to hide.
14. It does not matter how you were slapped into this word it is more important if you are going to be slapped when leaving it.
15. You don't need to defeat a Giant with a arsenal just trust God that the toothpick will work just fine.
16. Having Passion means being willing to turn your insides out until the goal is reached.
17. If we understood everything then why would we need God.
18. Knowledge begats Understanding, understanding begats wisdom. Wisdom begats " We ain't nothing without Him."
19. Fear is the shadow you really don't need. Let the light of the SON stomp it out.
20. There is no I in team but there is meat. Every team needs the meat of cooperation to keep things together.
21. Ministry is best described like the open hand. You must keep the hand open so God can put in what He desires and take out what He wants.
22. Never write a sentence that you are not willing to finish.
23. Stand true in what you believe in and if the hurricane comes just plant your roots deeper.
24. My eyes only get crossed when I am looking at two different directions.
25. Faith is where the invisible infiltrates the visible.
26. You can't eat a bug if your mouth is closed.
27. The best dreams come from the Father's head into ours.
28. Don't try to make everyone understand you, keep them guessing so they'll ask more questions.
29. Everyone says that poop rolls down hill, I choose to take the lesson from the Dung Beetle. I will roll it up hill. Just because!!!
30. Every morning my dog runs outside to chase the squirrel up the tree. Every morning I wake up chasing my dream until I catch it. If I don't I will still keep dreaming.
31. Wisdom does not come from all your successes but through all your failures you turned into successes.
32. Life and Death are just twins on a rampage.
33. Every road has pot holes the question is do you have the right shocks?
34. You can't be like Him if you never look into His mirror.
35. I choose to overcome because defeat is giving the enemy a medal.
36. Forgiveness does not let those who have hurt you off the hook. Forgiveness lets you off the hook.


I will write more in the future. I have a ton of these. Maybe you have some you desire to share. I hope you enjoyed my Johnnyisms.
Post a Comment